If you are getting a bit stir crazy (I sure am) and looking for something to do this may be of interest. From the PA Fish & Boat Commission.
HARRISBURG, Pa. (February 3) – The Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission (PFBC) invites the public to participate in a virtual outdoor expo scheduled for February 8-12, 2021.
This virtual event will be hosted on the PFBC Facebook page (www.Facebook.com/PaFishandBoatOpens In A New Window), featuring agency experts conducting several informational sessions about fishing and boating topics.
"In the absence of many of the popular outdoor shows and expos that that have been cancelled across the state this winter, Fish and Boat Commission staff will be missing out on some great opportunities to interact with the public and let them know about our programs," said Mike Parker, PFBC Director of Communications. "By offering these virtual sessions with some of our most knowledgeable staff and educators, we hope to fill a void for people who have an interest in certain areas of fishing and boating, and provide them with the chance to ask a question or two."
To provide interactivity between PFBC experts and the public during many of the sessions, questions that are relevant to the various topics may be submitted in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails should include "Virtual Outdoor Expo" in the subject line with the question or comment contained in the body of the message. Some sessions will be streamed live and provide an opportunity for viewers to offer relevant questions and comments through the PFBC Facebook page that may be incorporated into the discussion in real time. All comments submitted must be in compliance with the PFBC's social media policy.
2021 Virtual Outdoor Expo Schedule:
Monday, February 8
· 10:00 a.m. Virtual Tour of Benner Spring State Fish Hatchery, Centre County
· 1:00 p.m. Pennsylvania's State Fish Hatcheries, featuring Brian Wisner, PFBC Director of the Bureau of Hatcheries
Tuesday, February 9
· 10:00 a.m. Conversation with a PFBC Waterways Conservation Officer, featuring Col. Corey Britcher, Director of the PFBC Bureau of Law Enforcement
· 1:00 p.m. Pennsylvania's Steelhead Program, featuring PFBC fisheries and hatcheries staff to discuss what's behind one of the most unique trophy angling opportunities in Lake Erie and its tributaries
Wednesday, February 10
· 10:00 a.m. Kayaking 101: What's Behind Pennsylvania's Fastest Growing Boating Trend, featuring PFBC Watercraft Safety and Education Staff
· 1:00 p.m. Meet the Executive Director of the PFBC, featuring PFBC Executive Director Tim Schaeffer
Thursday, February 11
· 10:00 a.m. Employment with the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission, featuring tips for job seekers from a PFBC human resources expert · 1:00 p.m. Kayak Fishing Pennsylvania's Rivers, featuring PFBC NW Region Education Specialist Chad Foster and tournament kayak angler Russell Johnson
Friday, February 12
· 10:00 a.m. Let's Talk Muskies, featuring PFBC Fisheries and Hatcheries experts to discuss the program behind this emerging fishery for those seeking the catch of a lifetime in Pennsylvania waters
· 1:00 p.m. Virtual Outdoor Expo Wrap-Up Session, featuring a recap of the week's most interesting topics and a look ahead to upcoming fishing seasons and PFBC programs in 2021
Media contact: Mike Parker Communications Director (717) 585-3076 email@example.com